2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: digging in the rain

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37360

...had a good hunt yesterday.my boy came up. he dug 28 oz. of root and I had 34 oz...went to a 30 acre woods..man it was loaded with nice 4 prongers...had a great time with the boy ..we were grinning ear to ear when we came out of the woods...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37513

rained all morning ,I pulled 24 oz.s.. looks like it may quit, going to grab a bite to eat and head back out...its going down fast and this rain aint helping....

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37519

Good deal chief get it while u can. Same happening here fall rains r Herr to put them to the ground I got one mote dig planned then I done good luckto u

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37520

Sounds like a great day chieftain. I would tough it out for 24 oz's for sure. Dang this rain! It's been raining all day and the radar looks like hell. Chance of rain and storms rest of the week to. Might have to just put it in beast mode and go anyway B)

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37521

44 my forcast is a little better,no more rain after midnight tonight for 6 days..don't know how far along your plants are but here another hard rain and 50% of ours would be gone.found some today just the stalk and berry stem, go beast mode...Hobler good luck to you,just about all yellow here now........now the afternoon hunt,,,lying weathermen,quit raining for about an hour,this morning I wore rubber boots cause it was pouring down..my feet got hot,2nd hunt wasn't raining, wore my hiking boots..my feet stayed lots cooler,,,,soaking wet....rained all afternoon still raining...dug 19 oz..man them hillsides were greasy.....

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37524

Fellows, I 'll have to say that I admire anyone who gets out in the weather and digs. It has rained here all day and I held off getting out in it. It seems like that ginseng always grows in the steep places where I live and I have taken some of my worst falls in wet weather. It is pretty scary to be on the side of a really steep hill and step on a wet limb that is under leaves and it's sloping down hill. You can really do a split and have one leg going underneath you backwards and the other going down the hill so fast that there is nothing you can do to stop yourself. It hurts just thinking about some of the bad falls that I 've taken like this. I pray that everyone will be safe. Well, I wanted to download a picture from yesterday, but I'm still struggling from upgrading to Windows10. I'll get the bugs worked out.
Hugh
Attachments:

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37530

Hugh,it sure can be dangerous at times out there..i ended up with almost 2 inches of rain yesterday..

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37539

Chief..

It sounds like you have had some really good hunts this year and a great hunt there with your son.

I have a few more places I could hunt but with the price being so iffy here I think I will just save them for next year. I may have to do one more short hunt to find some of those yellow beauties though. That is a hard site to beat in the woods.. one all yellowed out with red berries.

Good luck to you in the late season.

TNhunter

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37542

oh them yeller ones sure are pretty..TN.;)

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 6 months ago #37551

About gone here, to the point when you touch them they fall apart. We usually have a couple more weeks, too dry this year.

How much do you all expect to end up with this year?

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and no members online

Login