2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: digging in the rain

digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37219

got out this morning .dug 17 oz. rained all freaking morning.still raining . man them hillsides were as slick as snot on a glass door knob...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37220

Lmao Chief. Good day of digging only good thing bout the rain the roots clean up easier lol

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37244

better today no rain...checked two small woods and I mean small.first had nothing.second woods netted me 15 oz .of nice root...

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37259

Chief..

20+ oz, 17 oz, 15 oz... you are doing fine man.

What I hate about hunting in the rain is when you step on one of those sticks or tree root that is running up and down the hill just under some wet leaves and your boot slides downhill like it is on ice. Zip bang... on the ground.

I would rather hunt in the rain than how I hunted last Tuesday... it was HOT (90+) and bad dry.

I went thru 3 bottles of water, and filled up from a small branch again...

When you bend over to dig one, and raise up and your head is spinning about to pass out from heat exhaustion... nothing fun about that either.

Every once in a while I will stop and think... man I am crazy for working this hard at it... but then there is another one... and you keep on going.

TNhunter

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37262

Well said tn lol

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37269

Hobbler and Maya, you guys are doing really well. Enjoy the pics you post. Thanks.

TN, LOL I can relate to the stick or tree root that is running up and down the hill just under some wet leaves . I have done the splits before and trust me I wasn't built to do the splits. lol

Good luck guys.
Latt

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37332

got 12 oz. this morning before it got hot and the skeeters came out....don't know if iam going back this afternoon or not..

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37338

We're getting cooler up here, thank God. We've still been getting up around low 80's during the day, but some nice 40's to 50 at night for sleeping.

I hope I can get back out, but I've got a ton to do in the orchards. Good luck all!

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37341

yep I did some work on my fruit trees day before yesterday .trimmed a bunch of sucker limbs off ive been wanting to get too..my boy may come up today so we are going to get out in the woods sometime today..

Re:digging in the rain 8 years 7 months ago #37358

Sounds like a great time chief hope u n r son dig a plie of biggins

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and no members online

Login