2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: scouting 2015 pics

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36584

Beautiful plants and pictures Hobbler,

I do hope these plants bring back some of the joy you might have lost when your Mother passed. You know she's got to be a part of what brings joy to you.

I have seen the great pics of ginseng plants from New York State and I wonder what is in that soil that causes them to have such beautiful, full berry pods. In the mountains where I grow so much seng it is not unusual to see 2 and 3 year olds bearing ripe berries , but it is almost impossible to find a mature plant with a full pod of berries and those you showed all seem to be on their way to being extremely nice. My congratulations. I have to think that is your Mom smiling at you.

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36585

Thxs Maya
Hugh i know my mother will always b with me part of me is her n she will b in my heart forever. Thxs
Most of these big plants r in three types of soil. One is dark, rich,soft. You will slide down the slope if ur not careful. Two is even better than the first still the nice dark dirt but is mixed with a fine white gravel reminds me of vermiculite. Third is the best dark rich soil in large rocks usually from slides it seems the open spaces in the rocks n great dirt really allow them to get huge.

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36586

My condolences as well Hobbler, hang in there buddy.
Always great to see your NY seng. Awesome soil makes awesome seng. Love seeing all those companion plants too. Just looks like perfect ginseng habitat.
Are you allowed to harvest seed in NY? Would love to have about 50 seeds to plant here in Ohio to see how they do and to get some of those great genetics on my seng spots.
Latt

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36588

Very impressive looking gensing. I checked on a few yesterday and my berries are still as green as a crayon. Looks like I will have to wait another week or so before I start digging so the berries will be ripe and ready to replant. Our season opens the 1st of Sept. in east Tennessee but how can anyone dig with the berries still green. Oh well, I can wait.

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36593

Thxs latt i will do my best to hang in there.
Also thxs to all for the complments

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36601

Hobbler, how far are you from Fort Ticonderoga? I was just over at a friend's orchard on the Vt. side of the lake looking over that way. It looked like there would be some good seng spots over there!

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36606

Maya I'm about 3 hrs from there. I use to deliver to some homes out there and it is great for shang ive seen mh from the rd sides. Plus the soil there must b great the gardens r always like two months ahead big MTS of maple trees. Got to b some nice shang there

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36620

Cmon opening day :)

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36655

Nice looking seng plants Hobbler!
Hope you have a great time in the woods this fall. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. My condolences

Re:scouting 2015 pics 8 years 7 months ago #36663

Thxs 5

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 219 guests and no members online

Login