2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days...

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36679

Good luck this year Tnhunter.
I have been scouting for a couple weeks , the ridgetop seng already has ripe berries, the talls are still green berries. looks like mid september before they are ready.
My son and I usually take little cans of deviled ham and crackers on our trips, have a few crackers with it and keep on looking.

God Luck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36681

Good catch! Not a fisherman myself, however I can appreciate good eatin when I see it....

My favorite eatin when out in the woods is granola. Carry a bag of it all loose and usually grab crunchy handfuls. Drinking water with, fills me up fast.

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36687

Whitjr wrote:

Good catch! Not a fisherman myself, however I can appreciate good eatin when I see it....

My favorite eatin when out in the woods is granola. Carry a bag of it all loose and usually grab crunchy handfuls. Drinking water with, fills me up fast.

I'm almost the same as you Whit, I like to bring trail mix or granola and water. Maybe I can find an apple too!Who' taking next week off? I've got to sell apples at the market next weekend, but will be in the woods Tuesday through Friday.

Good luck all!

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36688

ill be in the woods next week for sure...hope some of the spots I scouted didn't get hit early...

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36690

I got the 1st threw the 10th off b in th woods everyday rain or shine. I take a couple pb&j sandwiches n trail mix n tons of water. No drinking from little streams in my area most likely coming from a beaver pond ewww. Good luck to u all n b safe.

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36706

Had to hit the creek again this morning... one more fishing trip before seng season starts.

Got a nice mess of black perch..

Attachments:

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36707

And a 2.5 lb smallie... that thing hit like a ton of bricks.

Caught them all on top water, rebel pop r.

Going to be some good eating :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and no members online

Login