2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days...

Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36504

I am about to get the Seng Fever folks...

Stocked up on Beenie Weenies (a good lunch while senging).. and got 3 days off work approved in September today... that I am going to use for seng hunting.

I also get off on Labor Day Sept 7... and get my birthday off work Sept 3. Going to hit the woods on those days too.

Got my first 3 hunts all planned out in my head... some good locations that I have not hunted in 3 years now.

Sept 1 come on !

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36507

TN,
It sounds like you're pumped up and ready to hit the woods. I know the feeling and I can't wait. I applied for a permit this year and if I don't get drawn, I'll just keep on planting in the mountains. I am about to finish with the peaches this weekend and I'll have to start scouting Greene County right away. I sure haven't found much there on previous trips. I've gotten my patches in the mountains through their 4th season now and many of them have been clipped and are ready for winter. I always sweat this part of the season out thinking they are going to get poached and it feels like a mountain has been removed when I snip them off and they are out of sight for the rest of the year. While I was planting berries yesterday I took a picture of some of the early ripening strain that I planted last year. They were berries last June and here they are now.
Attachments:

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36508

will these beenie weenies be eaten cold ?

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36509

good luck TN

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36516

Hugh..

Those are some nice stout looking 3 leafers.

PaBilly - Yep - I eat the beenie weenie's right out of the can, cold, usually with some crackers. They have several flavors now but I still prefer the original.

Chief... good luck to you to friend.

I have also been doing one other thing to perp for seng season... getting in a few more creek fishing trips.

Last Saturday I caught 5 bass and 4 black perch out of the creek, and one of the bass was a real nice one for a creek fish.

We had a awesome lunch, fried fish fillets, hush puppies, french fries, white beans.. Oh man.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36517

Today... I made a short run in the creek for a quick trip...

Caught 3 smallies and 2 black perch.

Going to eat good again later today.

Below is a pic of one of the nicer smallies.

You know that feeling when you are walking a hillside and you see a place just ahead that has maiden hair fern, maple and poplar, and you just know something good is about to happen...

Similar to this...

I started down a small side creek to the main creek... where the side creek merges into the main creek there is a nice deep hole of water, with logs and bluff rocks..

I made a long cast with my ultralight rod... had a rebel pop-r topwater bait on... it landed in the edge of the deep hole by a log, and a couple of twitches later (EXPLOSION !!!) Smallie ON !

Love it... this is one of the few things I \"may\" actually like better than seng hunting.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36518

nice catch...

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36520

TN,
Some really nice fish. I like the way you described how the Smallie took the Top Water bait. Pure explosion sometimes!

Hugh

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36522

Good God I love to bass fish, and using a top water bait makes it even more fun! Nice pics TN!

Re:Beene Weenie's and Vacation Days... 8 years 7 months ago #36555

Nice fish, I can almost taste them. Good luck this year and I will be in touch from Blount Co. Tn this year to see how you are doing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 544 guests and no members online

Login