2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is now not a good time to scout?

Re:Is now not a good time to scout? 8 years 8 months ago #36167

hey if your like me and dont mind the hike and love being in the woods hell yeah its great even if you dont really get into a say new area too deep but just break the tip of the ice berg thats what i been doin just stayin on the out skirts of where im goin lookin for the good weeds and seeing if the area is a good area to take a day and really go a huntin but thats just me i always like to have a lil pre game plan and couple good woods in the bag of tricks new aint always good but sometimes it is :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Is now not a good time to scout? 8 years 8 months ago #36174

Yep, I'm exactly like you. I love hiking and being outdoors in the woods. I know what you mean. I still need to get out and do some scouting. Haven't gotten the chance. The only thing that's holding me back from the whole ginseng hunting thing is my fear of yellow jackets...

Re:Is now not a good time to scout? 8 years 8 months ago #36197

see i always hear about the yeller jackets and to tell ya tha truth i dont think i really had an issue that at least not worth remembering so if u could fill me in id love to hear it haha

Re:Is now not a good time to scout? 8 years 8 months ago #36211

here in western Pa we've had upwards of 13 inches of rain in the last month, very disgusting. In some parts of the woods black cohosh has black blotches on the leaves along with yellowing leaves, I guess from disease from too much rain, it looks like the last of Sept. instead of July.

Re:Is now not a good time to scout? 8 years 8 months ago #36213

Yea I'm like west central ,Jefferson county we been gettin beat down with the rain too you kno wat they say too much of a good thang aint good haha

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 60 guests and no members online

Login