2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I think its a boy

I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33350

first one i found yesterday looks like a man root to me ha ha
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33360

Leebros! wrote:

first one i found yesterday looks like a man root to me ha ha

Yeah no confusing that one with female lol

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33375

great freaking root man!! LOL.... congrats

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33397

Yep that is a nice one.

Would be interesting to see if you could get extra for that root. Ebay or thru a dealer.

When it is man shaped and has the middle leg :-) they call it a Emperor root.

Yours definitely has the right parts and the middle leg is quite impressive - shape and position... it is just right there where it should be.

Nice one.

TNhunter

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33398

I think that root should be worth quite a lot in the right market. Emperor root for sure!

Nice find!

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33402

good root..but what i really would like to know is where your located at to still be digging?

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33405

Hey ridgerunner... where u at brother? Im here In NC and the sang is still up everywhere here. I found 80 plants in 3 days. A lot of yellow ones but a ton of green ones still as well. I found 10 of those plants with nice ripe red berries still on them. I was shocked! But I don't foresee this staying this way here for much longer. Our frost is coming sooner than wanted... :(

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33408

Can't believe that your still finding that many, I think I've seen you say your in Haywood county, I'm just a little north of you in Mitchell county and our woods have been completely bare for a couple weeks now after that big rain and wind storm came through, there's not really nothing but some cohosh plants standing, I tried all different kinds of locations but with no luck. We've also already had 4 or 5 light frosts here also, so that could be the difference too, hope it holds out for you a little longer, but it's gonna be a tough weekend on it as they are giving snow showers Friday night into Saturday and much colder temps.

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 5 months ago #33409

im still digging a little in southeastern ky but not much warm dry over the weekend with no leaves to block the sun dryed up most of what was still standing would of quit already but hoped to find one last big one or a nice patch anyway still have the root in picture if any ky dealers knows someone who might buy it let me know thanks guys

Re:I think its a boy 9 years 4 months ago #33414

Yeah your right about the weather. That's why I am taking full advantage of this weather this week. Beautiful and warm. The frost hit Buncombe county and over. We barely missed it. It will hit this coming week. I took pictures but I cant figure how to get them to load on here. Have some great ones to share! Yeah Haywood County has some good sang still standing... short lived I am afraid but Im still out there...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 140 guests and no members online

Login