2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: BigRod and family's 2014 season

BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31802

I'm going to try and post some pictures of my season so far. I enjoy everyone's photos and thought you might would enjoy mine.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31803

last night my dad went out on a short outing, ment alot to me as my dad was hurt on the job a couple years back. he was head set on making at least one more trip with me
Attachments:

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31804

Good day of digging on one trip
Attachments:

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31805

I don't only go for seng but for God's works of arts I see when out
Attachments:

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31810

Big Rod.....that's awesome brother and i hope your dad gets to feelin better!! man i would give my left arm to go in the woods one more time with my dad!! Have a safe season brother!!

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31812

Rod,
It looks like a pretty good haul for you this year, and some very special moments as well. All you needed to make that picture of you and your Father complete was to have a flyrod in your right hand: lol: Good luck next season.

Hugh

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31816

Hey Bigrod

I loved those pictures. Great looking sang too. I hope your father gets to feeling better soon and I'm sure you cherish those trips out with him. Good luck and God bless.

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31820

Thanks guys,

And Hugh, I've took a step back from fly fishing for the time being, I've been getting back into the lake fishing here over the past year. Caught some great smallies up on Norris this year, and some great Crappie up on Douglas. I guess guiding has taken it out of me.
I do have to say I am starting to miss the fly rod some. October is right around the corner and those big browns will be starting to show up soon.

Speaking of fly fishing have to talked to ol' Phil Snapp latly?

Re:BigRod and family's 2014 season 9 years 6 months ago #31823

Rod,
I think it's good sometimes to step back from a routine that you have gotten so involved in. I know when I retired from guiding I had to do some rethinking to just get out and enjoy myself. Continual guiding can be an intense thing. There is a lot of mental and physical preparation to it. Getting into growing and hunting ginseng has been a way to slowly decelerate from the hectic day to day pressure that I was under for many years. I love the outdoors and walking the mountains taking my time to look for this beautiful plant has been just what I need.

I haven't seen Phil for a few years and I was on the South Holston and Watauga this morning. I'll run into him one day and we'll open up a keg of nails :cheer:

Take good care of your Dad and I hope you get many more seasons with him.

Hugh

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 590 guests and no members online

Login