2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: North Carolina High Country Seng

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31604

3 fours together
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31605

Actually took this picture of the big 4 in the front of the picture, not even seeing the huge plant in the background.
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31606

Another pic of the big plant, the berry stem came to my chest when I was standing on the downhill side of it.
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31607

The big plant again
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31608

The root from the big plant, my best of the year 2.7 ounces.
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31609

Kind of an odd find don't if it was a cow or horse or what, also was surprised to see the seng plant behind it.
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31610

A massive 3 ounce root my buddy dug this year.
Attachments:

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31612

NCmountaindigger,
This is probably the best post of this season. Beautiful ginseng, beautiful tops and beautiful roots. The big boy is massive. That flower spike is about the tallest I've ever seen and the leaves are huge on that plant. Nice job of digging and photographing. Again, what a great job of posting your find for that day!

I hope that Gareth gets to see this thread. This is the kind of results you can expect from the soils of the high mountain country in North Carolina.

Hugh

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31631

NCmountaindigger, Wow, those are some plants man. Great job. Mr. Hugh, topic of the thread was the set of the hook! The quality and size of the plants is amazing. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 6 months ago #31644

huntsman53 wrote:

Congrats on a really nice haul and plie roots and the awesome Ginseng tops! Also, congrats on that big hog of a root! Have you all been able to count the root scars on that one?

Frank

Not sure if he ever counted the scars, but I don't think it was as old as you would imagine, the neck being so big around makes it look old. There is about a one acre area where almost all the seng you find gets this big, but you get out of this small area and the plants and roots are average size, just special soil I guess, I had pictures of another plant and root he dug nearly as big on a different day, was 2.7 ounces and had a top as big or bigger than the top I posted a picture of earlier, unfortunately I lost these pictures after switching phones.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 525 guests and no members online

Login