2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Aaaaahhh!

Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #29834

Just got in from my first dig of the year. God that feels good! Thank you! Couldn't get to where I wanted to but did dig 9 roots all 15 to 25 years old. Sorry, just had to rub it in a little! ;) Pics to follow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 7 months ago #29903

That's great, congrats. My first scouting trip yielded 0 plants, so I can cross that one off my list of places to dig.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29977

Got a few more this morning, one was 38 yo. Sorry, I'll post some pics later. My son has my camera.:huh:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29980

There, nothing to write home about , but a couple in the 30+ yo range. I just not sure if I'll ever be able to get back up to thes steeps that I used to get the big ones at. My back is just to screwed up from that fall a couple years ago. I tried to do it last week and my back just cant take it. Getting to old!!!!! :(
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29981

Don't ya just love seeing that dirt under your fingernails and that smell of fresh dirt!:)
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29983

Nice looking roots Maya...

I am going to be out of State on Vacation the first week of our season... Not my pick on the date at all... but got to keep the wife and kids happy.

I will get to hunt some second week in September... berries will be nice a red and fat by then.

Glad you got to get out and harvest a few.

TNhunter

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29984

TNhunter wrote:

Nice looking roots Maya...

I am going to be out of State on Vacation the first week of our season... Not my pick on the date at all... but got to keep the wife and kids happy.

I will get to hunt some second week in September... berries will be nice a red and fat by then.

Glad you got to get out and harvest a few.

TNhunter

Every berry I saw today was red TN. We've had some nights in the 40's. When do yours typically turn down there?

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29986

Nice ones Maya. I can't wait to get my hands dirty Monday. Found some nice threes n four this summer they've been calling to me in my sleep

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29987

Im heading out in the morning to hunt a little. I have been working so i am looking forward to getting back in. I have seen a lot of bear sign this summer i think they like the red berries! I know the porcupines do.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #29988

Maya...

Our berries start turning red mostly mid August, but by Mid Sept, almost every one you find has big fat red berries on it. I love to dig then - those red berries make it a little easier to find and I feel like I am doing some good at keeping it going when I spend about as much time planting berries as I do digging roots.

Hate that your back is keeping you from those hard to get places.

I know what you mean about getting old... I am turning 53 next week myself.

Hope you get to dig a bunch of nice ones this year.

TNhunter

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 294 guests and no members online

Login