2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: How much you dig?

Re:How much you dig? 10 years 4 months ago #26615

Welcome to the forum, kentuckyhilldigger & 44!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How much you dig? 10 years 4 months ago #26626

hey fellas i come out with a little over 2 lbs dry this year i didnt get to go as much as i wanted to my dad got real sick during the best time to hunt but my dad is more important i did find a big 4 and half ouncer this year made my year . may GOD bless us all and we can get out and get after it again next year

Re:How much you dig? 10 years 4 months ago #26637

Welcome to the forum, Moneyweed!

Re:How much you dig? 10 years 4 months ago #26668

I ended up with just a little over 3lbs dry this year, sold when it was at $620lb back in late october, wish I had waited a little longer. I'm happy though, only lived in these parts for 2 years and this is my first time hunting this side of the state so 3 lbs is pretty good in my opinion.

Re:How much you dig? 10 years 2 months ago #27191

Both a bad year and a good year for me. I went out 5-6 times, found lots of baby 2-prongs, but never found a single plant worth digging. Lots and lots of new ground covered that had no seng in the woods at all.

But, I did buy 1 pound of seeds this year, and planted those all over, and hopefully started a few patches on my cousin's farm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 578 guests and no members online

Login