2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24599

Try to reply to u guys:
Ive been following these topics on this forum for years n finally felt like i had found some decent plants worth posting pics of. I ve been an outdoorsman ever since i was old enuff to hunt dryland fish with my old man. Prolly since i was about 6. I deer hunt, catfish, bass fish, crappie fish, hunt shrooms n dig seng. Im also a biologist for the federal govt when i go to work. I play the banjo n yep mississippi poster, i pick a granada. Traded in old RB250 in on it. I live in eastern KY n i guess if i had relations with my cousin id be a regular old hillbilly. I like to use the politically correct term, appalachian american. Anyway enuff about me, im hoping to be accepted in to this group of like minds. I take pride in keeping the woods free of trash n the way the good Lord crafted them. I hope to make some good old buddies here and maybe find a few folks to play music with sometime. Those foggy valleys n misty appalachian mountains cleanse this old mountain boys soul. Hope to share plenty of big tales with u guys in the future.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24601

Alright! It's great to find another ginseng diggin' bluegrass musician! Do you ever make it to the Jerusalem Ridge Festival in Rosine, KY? We're playing there on Thursday, Oct. 3 this year. We're usually the only band from Mississippi up there. If you happen to be there maybe we can pick some and tell some ginseng stories!

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24602

Welcome,gibsongranada. Looks like you found some nice roots there. I sympathize with your attitude on man's filth in an otherwise pristine wilderness.I often get away to the wilds of my area to forget the worries of work and aggravations of society to sometimes look down and find a thirty year old coke can, I hate that! I look forward to future posts bud.

Hillhopper

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24605

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hello GibsonGranada nice to meet you. Great photos and I like your conversation. Lord yea I am a Mtn man had it bad for a long time :)

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24613

I know the rosine festival. Have an uncle who lives about 15 min from monroes gravestone. What a memorial for that high lonesome sound. I live in the town that kenny baker grew up in. He n my grandpa use to play as boys n later fought chickens together. Ive had the opportunity to pick with kenny on multiple occasions. Hearing him play sally goodwin n jeresuleum ridge will make chills come on a hot pepper. I was there when they lowered him in the ground n a fiddler played sweet bunch of daisies. He was the best f u ask me. I ll let u know if i make it up there. I ve been hunting seng evryday coz its turning quick up here n has alrdy gotten to the point that the tops break at the slightest touch n then ur frantically digging for that little white bud. Im glad to b amongst u guys n look fwd to hearing more tales. Signing off from jenkins,ky

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 7 months ago #24641

Good to have ya Gibson! Not far from ya, Wise county!

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 6 months ago #24711

Berries still bright and red on this big three prong up here in jenkins.

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 6 months ago #24712

Dangit. Pic didnt load. Will try again in the am. Saw lots of red berries today. Planted dozens of them.

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 6 months ago #24715

GibsonGranada....Glad to see you getting out and hunting seng, always good to see people who value there time in woods.

Re:Good Ol' East Kentucky Seng 10 years 6 months ago #24857

that is one BEAUTIFUL PATCH MY FRIEND...GREAT FIND!!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 745 guests and no members online

Login