2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26697

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Missing this already

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26698

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Lord Lord

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26699

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Let me hear you Howl Caleb

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26700

Billy wrote:

Missing this already

I am right there with you Billy! I have not dug a lot of Ginseng ever since moving back close to home from West Virginia in 1994. However, most of all, I really miss the digging that I did when I was a teenager when we use to dig 2 to 4 pounds a day. I am still thankful for what I did get and hope everyone here is as well, especially at this time of year!

My wish and prayers go out to everyone, that they and their families have a safe and very happy Thanksgiving!

Frank

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26701

I miss it too, but I don't miss the two giant copperheads I came within two feet of this past season. That wild seng is worth risking life and limb, well maybe just limb..:woohoo:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 3 months ago #26756

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thank God for a great Season.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 2 months ago #26907

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
My good friend Hugh Hartsell & I got to go on a hunt for the first time together this year. Hugh is a great guy and fun to be around. I really enjoyed our time together this year in the woods and sitting out on my porch. Hugh seemed to enjoy the diggers coming in and selling to me and we had a lot of conversation with each other and the guys. Thanks for spending time with us Hugh, I will look forward to hunting again this year.

There is nothing that I enjoy more than meeting great people like 5prong and Hugh who otherwise I may have never known except for wild grown Here is a little video that I put together from our day to always have that memory.

Re:Hugh & I go Ginseng hunting season 2013 10 years 2 months ago #26909

Boy, Boy, Boy!

The ground is white with frost here even at 12:00 in the morning. What a great time to bring back such special memories! This trip and all that I experienced is one to make a lifetime memory. Billy is one of the most gracious host that anyone could ask to meet. We spent a huge amount of time on 4 wheelers and climbed on foot the toughest mountain terrain. Billy said that was the easy part that we were on and we were just getting to the good ginseng country. It is some tough territory. Billy tolerated me to dig a few plants that were small by his standards so that I could fill in a few spots of a bed where some were missing, and I thank him for understanding. Every where you look is ginseng territory, some more productive than others. I've mentioned that I am a business minded person and to add to what he has already said: I was just amazed to watch all the diggers coming in while I was there to sell their roots. It was a sight to see and an experience
for any grower to witness.
My thanks to Billy again for sharing the time we spent together and I really hope that we can hunt this coming year on this side so that he can see our great mountains in East Tennessee. I hope that all of you on the board get to share some of your 2013 memories with a few friends as we start this new year. Good digging to all of you.

Hugh

Re:Hugh & I go Ginseng hunting season 2013 10 years 2 months ago #27192

I really liked this thread, with all the pictures and videos. The past 2-3 seasons, I've covered an awful lot of ground, and it is so hard to find any seng around here. There are a few sections of woods that were covered in 100's of baby 2-prongs, so I know the ground will grow it. But there is not much big enough to dig. Maybe someday I'll make a trip further south and pair up with someone, just to see how the pro's dig it. :)

Re:Hugh & I go Ginseng hunting season 2013 10 years 2 months ago #27215

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I have been a little bit slow getting the editing done on some of my 2013 videos but here is another one. We had a great day. I found this spot riding my 4 wheeler out to find some morels and spotted this holler I had never checked it out before. So I decided to take my son son-in-law and long time digging buddy Bobbly Joe in there and we done great. I went back to that area and the deeper I got the more old and big ginseng I found. I hunted about 1/2 of the Mountain and I am going back to start where I left of at in September the Lords will and cover the other part of that one. Caleb and Bub only got to go back in that area a couple more times. L.Bill got to go 2 times with me and I went once by myself. There was not a day that I myself did not harvest near a pound my best day was 1 pound 11 ounces I left hundreds of small 3`s all the 2 prongs and 3 leafs. If no one finds the area that just destroys the ginseng it will have as much again as it did this past season in about 4 years a great spot. I am anxious to get back to the main back of that Mountain it will be a 3 mile walk to get there but I can not wait to see what is back there this season.

Well any way here is Hound Dog Quartet 2013 with Billy & the Boys.

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 426 guests and no members online

Login