2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26410

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
The biggest Bulb root I have ever saw. It weighed .25 or 4 1/8th ounces a buddy of ours found this one and brought it to me. I was gone or I would have got a photo of him with it. I have never saw a bulb like that over 3 ounces until I saw this unbelievable, and beautiful to say the least.

To get the real idea of how chunky it was I have big hands look at the bulb and my hands at the same time, the photo really didn't do the root justice so nice.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26411

\"Where's the Beef?\", ohhh there it is in the photo! It reminds me of the \"Stay Puft\" Marshmallow Man. It sure is a whopper Billy, thanks for sharing and give congrats to your friend on the find!

Frank

P.S. I can't wait to see the video and the \"something good\" in it!

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26421

Omg! I know from what i hav seen on this forum and talking to people Ky and Ny have the best seng in the USA! TFS Billy hope u and urs are dong well. That is one huge bulb aint it? I c some still up even after few good frosts. Guess i'll go out for few hours today. Look 4ward to seeing u and Bellco soon as i head towards Middlesboro.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26422

WOW thats a hog for sure! Got to be one of the nicest roots I have ever seen. I know there are bigger but not sure if they many nicer than that root. Thanks for sharing.

SengNveins

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26459

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
huntsman lol I love Mr.: stay puff :)

bawhite40 stop by any time we will make you welcome.

Senginveins I know man after I dug it I was sitting there admiring it and then I herd the boys holler dad where are you I had just kind of wondered off I was thankful. I do not suspect that I will ever dig a ball or a round root that nice again.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26460

Billy I would pay you out of my pocket and give you every root I dug to go dig seng like that. That is amazing.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26461

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I have got to share this with you. Once again the Lord has blessed us with a true emperors root. With the neck, both arms, both legs, and the male organ in tact.

I never thought that I would see another one and then bamb just like that my son L.Bill finds it going through al the roots and putting them in storage.

We have no idea who dug it as we had bought nearly 40 pounds that day from over 25 different diggers. It had just got by who ever had found it. I wish I knew who it was so that I could share it with them.

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26462

WOW Billy, that is the biggest bulby root I have ever seen. Must be worth a fortune.
Thanks for sharing,
Latt

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26463

Billy wrote:

Guys I have got to share this with you. Once again the Lord has blessed us with a true emperors root. With the neck, both arms, both legs, and the male organ in tact.

I never thought that I would see another one and then bamb just like that my son L.Bill finds it going through al the roots and putting them in storage.

We have no idea who dug it as we had bought nearly 40 pounds that day from over 25 different diggers. It had just got by who ever had found it. I wish I knew who it was so that I could share it with them.

Billy.

Wow Billy, another Man root! Congrats that it did not get by you all when sorting and placing the roots in storage. Maybe the individual is a member or lurks on Wildgrown and will recognize it but it is highly doubtful.

By the way, thanks for giving me a call today about my' Ginseng roots! I wish that I had dug more this year and wish that we could have had more time to talk! I know that you were busy and I had a friend (Brad) on the other line who lives in Centerville, TN and whose dog was mauled by a Cougar. You should see the poor dog. The Cougar bit him through the neck and clawed his' entire back down to his' tail but hopefully will survive. Attached is a pic of the dog after being cleaned up. You can see the claw marks down the right side of his' back. He could not tolerate Brad trying to take pics of the bite and puncture wounds on his' neck.

It is my hopes to finally get up your way, meet with and maybe hunt Ginseng with you and your boys as well! Take care, be safe and may God bless you all!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26467

Billy the first chance we get I am coming to Ky. I feel for that dog. People need to realize panthers are still out there. I have personally seen 3 with my own eyes. All of them in Dutch Valley. 2 black and 1 yellow. No matter what biologists will tell u they are alive and well in Tn. Bringing the elk back has just given them another source of food. So please beware!!

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Who's Online

We have 343 guests and no members online

Login