2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Ginseng hunting season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24399

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys it is great to be alive and living in a time to dig WiLd Ginseng !!!!whoop whoop !!!

And I am here to tell you that I have got ThE sEnG fAcToR going on in my head big time.
Praise the Lord lets kick this thread off with a Nice Root.

This root weighed 5 1/2 ounces and is a true giant of the woods wild as a Mountain Lion
and just as strong. I have saw many large Mountain roots and have posted several nice ones
here some as big as this one, but their is something neat about this root. In all my experience
with big wild roots they always smooth out towards the middle to lower lead roots, but this
root does not He was rugged from top to water veins and had scares and rings deep. I have never
saw a better root to show and prove the resilience of wild ginseng than this one. It is my all time
favorite root ever. It grew between two rocks one about 1 pound and another maybe 2 to 3 pounds.
It got so big that it forced them two rocks and if you will notice on the back end it pushed so
hard that it made a circle near big as a half a dolor. I truly believe that if this root had not
had to fight so hard to grow that it would have weighed 8 ounces or more no doubt, but he was a
fighter.

The root had 1 four prong top and that was growing and up the other curl was just as huge but was
not up it was dormant. So it was a huge double top. It has 64 countable buds so it is no less than
64 years old, but I believe it was much older.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24400

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
The 2nd root is awesome as well and was growing less than 5 foot from his Big Brother
and weighed just under 4 ounces. A truly beautiful wild ginseng root. He was younger
and had 42- 44 scares I couldn't tell with a few of the buds whether they where 2 or 4
in one spot., but it was nearly straight down from the biggest one and I believe that it
was the off spring of the big one. With nearly 20 other mature diggable roots there and
many left for seed.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24401

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
This post surely could not start off without a big ole smile from the joy of holding such age and work of Mother Nature in my hands. So here is a photo of me with these two roots. What a blessing to have and to hold. I had a very hard time letting go of these two roots but it was for a good cause and for the study of the genocides by a good Doctor friend of mine that I have gotten to know and then to be used in rehabilitation for sick people.

As always I want to say I give thanks to the Lord for all of his wonderful Bounty that he has giving us on this Earth and hope that this thread for the 2013 season will be a blessing to you all.

If you really look close you can see the big flat spot that pushing on that rock made on that root. Look at the big chunk part of the root on the right side. Can you see that. Is that not Awesome guys ?

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24405

Im speachless billy. That's a great way to kick off the season. Good luck n cant wait to c more.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24407

Simply amazing roots there Billy.

From the creation of the world... As a result people are without excuse ! Romans 1:20.

I knew you would be posting some big bueaties soon.

Hurry Back !

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24413

Truly awesome and massive roots there Billy! If they could talk, just think of the stories that they could tell. I haven't seen many roots like those since I was 17 years old and it is great to see their' likes again. It gives me faith that some truly old and tenacious roots are still surviving on some mountain here in the Appalachians. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Take care and as always, be safe!

Frank

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24425

Really nice Billy! TFS

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24447

Good stuff Billy, glad to see you are doing well.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24454

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks everyone

Guys I wanted to share something awesome with you. Yesterday I dug a 5 ounce root the scale shows 5 1/2 but I had not yet washed the root and finally I had the video camera with me when I dug one of these Monsters of the Woods. I either forget it, its raining, the battery's are dead lol something, but this time all was perfect. I would like to say that I thank the Lord for this marvelous root. Hope you enjoy he video. Here is the ,link.

Just got his uploaded and I am so busy I wanted to run by here and leave this. I appreciate the comments.

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 6 months ago #24458

Oh my Billy - now that is sweet !

Congrats Buddy on a GREAT find.

Loved that video.

TNhunter

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 552 guests and no members online