2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO

WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2326

my brother has always been the homebody type ... sitting at home and watching sports ... a few years ago i got him out on a waterfow hunt and he LOVED it ... well this year i talked him into going mushroom hunting and we picked some boletes, chanterelles, oysters, and black trumpets ... he started asking about morels so im hoping to have him out doing that next spring ... well while we were out picking mushrooms we came upon many ginseng plants ... which brought on many questions ... anyhow ... last week i got him out digging for 45 minutes or so ... not much time but we did dig 50 or so mature plants ... and he caught on quick ... so today we go out and spent a bit more time in the woods digging ... ended up digging 119 mature plants ... no hawgs ... but i was happy, as was my bro ... its great seeing him getting into the whole outdoors thing ... best part of the trip (other than spending time digging roots with him) was as we were entering the woods i said \"look at that\" ... he looks where im pointing and asks \"what?\" ... i chuckle and say \"that huge buck standing at the fence\" .... \"OH MY GOSH!!!\" he said ... the look on his face when he saw the buck was priceless ... LMAO ... id share some photos but im not sure how to do that on here ... im a newbie ... but the little time ive spent on here ive REALLY enjoyed seeing yalls photos and stories !! i think im gonna like it here !! =)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2327

test ....

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2328

MY BRO WITH A MATURE PLANT ... YOU CAN SEE A FEW THREE PRONGS NEAR HIS KNEES

FINDING ALOT OF PLANTS \"TOPPED\" BY DEER

BANK OF \"SANG\" ONLY THE MATURE PLANTS WERE DUG

THE ROOTS DUG THIS EVE

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2331

deer are getting them here too.

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2338

shroomy Your bro is hooked now He will love finding shroons in the spring!

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2367

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
shroom it is very good that you are getting your brother out of the house and into things much much better and better for him..congrats on a good dig.

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2380

great pics and great story about gettin out with your bro, It doesn't get any better than spending time with family in the great outdoors.

Re:WENT DIGGIN WITH MY LIL BRO 14 years 7 months ago #2392

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice pictures an very nice find indeed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Who's Online

We have 302 guests and no members online

Login