2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: New Handle for an Old Digger

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20441

Hey Billy I looked like a drownded rat yesterday myself. Couldn't even see my boot laces for the mud...Howl Awesome!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20446

very nice root caleb found there, congradulations. Sounds like you all are doing good in the seng woods...keep it up!

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20449

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I ended up keeping the wish for 2 pounds on my 2 day spree :) tonight instead of showing my pile or the biggest root I want to share some realy old and nice roots with you guys check out these long necks just amazing to me how strong and determined wild ginseng truly is and as Tn I use wild ginseng I use it for my Arthritus I have it bad and ginseng helps me better than medicine.Well this is the size and kind that I keep and use myself as well I had rather have the small bulby old roots than the big old roots,Billy.

Root 1

Attachments:

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20450

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Root 2
Attachments:

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20452

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Root three and my favorite of the day is a long neck bulb that root has been through it you can tell it has endured hard times by looking at it priceless if you ask me but this world never seems to reconise true value.

Total for the 2 days 40 ounces :) woot woot............;)

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20456

Caleb that big four is almost as big as that grin on your face :) that kinda of seng will make a fella weak in the knees for sure...way to go !!

Billy it sounds like you had a couple of good days in the woods, way to go on them old long necks and getting your goal plus some B)

SengNveins

Re:True Value 11 years 5 months ago #20465

good looking roots billy way to go on the 2+lbs.tekk Caleb congrats on the 4 prong.I still remember my first 4 its like hitting the loto.LOL...One question billy these big roots you find are hey high up on the mnt or low in the valley?

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20467

Billy...

As a mother of two daughters,(18)&(12)both nature lovers- it does my heart good to read your post's and see how you are sharing with and teaching the younger generation. I've been trying to get my 12 year old to go with me this year, I know she would love it! Last year was my first year at it and I was \"hooked\"...I went so hard at it- I ended up having knee surgery in the spring. Needless to say ...I've paced myself this year. But I still see it when I close my eyes at night!
Didn't mean to ramble....just want all of you to know that reading your post's and seeing Christian like fellowship has been a blessing to me....
Thanks all.....:)

Jane (tnhillhugger1)

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20468

tnhillhugger1 wrote:

Billy...

As a mother of two daughters,(18)&(12)both nature lovers- it does my heart good to read your post's and see how you are sharing with and teaching the younger generation. I've been trying to get my 12 year old to go with me this year, I know she would love it! Last year was my first year at it and I was \"hooked\"...I went so hard at it- I ended up having knee surgery in the spring. Needless to say ...I've paced myself this year. But I still see it when I close my eyes at night!
Didn't mean to ramble....just want all of you to know that reading your post's and seeing Christian like fellowship has been a blessing to me....
Thanks all.....:)

Jane (tnhillhugger1)

Jane I know what you are going through, when I first started years ago I would close my eyes to sleep and see beautiful 3 prong plants!! Hard to sleep when there's seng to dig.;) Good luck with th girls, I have taken mine to gather cohosh, star root,ginseng and a few others. They are now 18 and 23 and have other things on their minds but I and they still have the memories.

Good job Caleb!!

Re:Day 1 of 2 Calebs Biggest Root Ever 11 years 5 months ago #20469

Billy wrote:

Root three and my favorite of the day is a long neck bulb that root has been through it you can tell it has endured hard times by looking at it priceless if you ask me but this world never seems to reconise true value.

Total for the 2 days 40 ounces :) woot woot............;)

Billy.

My guess is 37 yrs old. Did I win?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 553 guests and no members online

Login