2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A little Fathers Day scouting

A little Fathers Day scouting 11 years 10 months ago #18088

Kids said- Dad we can do whatever you want for fathers day today. So I decided on some hiking so I could get out for the first time and find a few. I didn't spend much time off the trail, but managed to find a few. Here is a nice group of three 3-prongs. Woods look great- LOTS of bugs. I'm not wishing summer away, but I can't wait to get out there and do some digging.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A little Fathers Day scouting 11 years 10 months ago #18089

Sure looks like a good area. Glad you had a nice fathers day!

Re:A little Fathers Day scouting 11 years 10 months ago #18110

Wow, they look great SWPA! Make sure you post pics when you dig them on this same thread. It will be interesting to see. They look very tall in the pics, how tall do you think the tops are?

Re:A little Fathers Day scouting 11 years 10 months ago #18111

That is a bueatiful spot and some great and healthy looking seng.

I just gotta get out soon and do some scouting. Seems like every weekend has been booked up lately.

Those do look like tall plants and the stems out to the leaf sets are fairly long too.

Would love to see the roots too - when you get around to digging.

TNhunter

Re:A little Fathers Day scouting 11 years 10 months ago #18117

These woods looked fantastic. I will be headed back there this weekend to take a better look around. The largest plant was about 18\" high. I will be sure to post pictures of the roots should I decide to dig these- may just plant the berries and clip them off for another year and see what comes up

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 103 guests and no members online

Login