2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2230

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey guys thought I would share another thing I like to do with you all.I have a friend who is a snake guy,I realy have a good time going hunting with him for the big Timbers this one is 52 inches the biggest one I ever found myself in these Ky Mountians :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2232

Billy you are one crazy guy just let me tell you. That would scare the wits out of me.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2234

I have to agree with hillbilly. Thats JUST NUTTTS!!!!! One of my biggest fears is that when I go diving into a brush pile for a big 4-prong one of them suckers are going to get me.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2235

great snake billy,i'm afraid our Timber's are about gone seen2 in the last3 years...

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2237

no offense fellows i don't know how important it is to have timber rattlers around but i don't believe it would bother me if i never seen another one.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2241

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hillbilly LoL,I have trained myself and on the hunt training with some good friends through the years,and actualy became good at locating and finding the Timber Ratller,also we have snake chaps,hooks,and catching tonges to catch them in this photo the way it took you can not see it,but I was holding him on a hook out like that.I have released around 100 babys in the past few years around den sites to help keep our population,I have returned far more than I have caught for use,over the years that 100 can add up alot.Now when im senging i do not want to see these timbers,especialy in a briar thicket or around a nice patch of seng,because at that time I am not prepared to catch one :) I always watch for them,before crossing a log,entering a thicket as 5prong spake of,or any other area of possability for one to be,i am very cautious,sometimes in certain areas i am actualy a slow hunter,moving wise,but when I go snake hunting it is a different mind set.I am hoping to catch a huge male 1 or 2 maybe for my friends.I have caught around 250,but have just looked at most of them and released them,I release all females,and 97 0/0 of all males as soon as i have caught them,only the big males are kept.I will also remove them from a place they do not need to be,like low in the mountian,or around anyones house etc,alot of folks out here live directly in the woods and rite in the foothills,some do not want to kill them,others are glad to,I will help those who dont want to,and take them back high away from the people where they should be around the dens I know of sevral.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2242

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Im sory to hear that Chieftain,I hope they do some restocking out there,rodents get seriouly overpopulated without snakes,and it does not take many years either,they have proving that already.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2244

i always thought the Timbers. were a part of the woods landscape just like the sang and the other critters that live there..enjoyed seeing them once in awhile..always checked them out then let them go on thier way unharmed..

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2281

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hey Guys I wanted show you all my newest Ginsenging buddy she is only 8 mounths now,but she loves them big tops I bring home and im sure by 4 she will be reay to dig a big ole 4 fork out of Paws patch :) Elexius Marie
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2287

Billy, I'm not sure if that is your daughter or granddaughter, but either way that is one adorable child. She's got beautiful blue eyes and in about 16 years somebody's goin to have problems keeping all those teenage boys away. Good luck and God bless.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 792 guests and no members online

Login