2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2138

thats awesome billy! I've never seen a berry stem that far above the rest of the plant. I doubt it could have handled the weight of big pod of red berrys being that high in the air. Ive been trying to post some pics, but cant get them to upload

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2139

very nice billy

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2140

way to go billy..that is one great find..now i'm jealous..i found where the deer had eaten the tops off some too..the stepson said the other day he watched 4 turkey eat the tops off some plants...what a great plant you got there billy..Caleb looks like he's mighty proud of his dad to me...

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2144

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
5 prong thanks,and yes them berrys would have been hard on the steam I think also.

Posting Pictures - 5prong I can tell you 2 things that will help you its what I do and always seems to work fine for me.

1 - most cameras upload pictures large in size,and sometimes that cause problems,here is a link to a free very powerful pictures resizer,and it works very good.
www.picresize.com/

Load the picture from the camera or scanner to your desktop etc.
Then use this link and browse to locate the picture and upload it to the resizer,,,then click continue,when the picture loads scroll down to the bottom and click resize,the program will ajust the picture to a 3x5 then click view the picture and save it back to your puter.

2 - After yo have done that the resized pictures will load easy to this site,even with a low speed connection.Just type the message with your photo here in these message boxes and then click browse load the resized photo,and click submit,it takes a minute then it should appear on the site.

I hope this helps you 5prong I sure would like to see them photos.....G/L

=============================

Coondog,Thanks

LoL Chieftain I knew you would like this one,,we will take turns being Jealous,and I`ll tell ya if this is how happy being jealous makes me,then I have no problem with it at all,just keep on posting them great hauls,and beautiful roots Bro :)

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2166

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
!! Guys it happened !!

I had a awful hunt for seng in a holler that before time had produced very good seng & As in all the other hollers that I dig in,I use very good stewardship and have always done very well in this area.

However this trip there was something different someone had found the holler and had went wild I couldnt even find 2 prongs in there hardly it was so sad,just empty holes with little tops so small they shouldnt have been harvested :( of course they dug the nice plants to,but those little 3 year old`s even younger.To me these are not even Ginseng diggers as we are,they are some sort of off in the head,why would any one destroy the seed and waste the roots like that? Even if they are a drug attic etc its just not right :-(

Guys I almost deleted this post instead of adding to the thread,but I just had to get this out,sory for raddling on.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2168

Billy ,those ruthless diggers have no thoughts other than a quick buck.to bad you didn't catch them in there maybe you could have enlighten them on proper digging ...when i see where some idiot has dug the little two prongers it make me sick.....then mad.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2170

hey billy talk to your local dealer and see who might live in that area it my give you a ideal to where next time you my have a ideal who it is also see who sales alot of green ? i never have sold green but now if the price was right i geuss i would but i have seen guy at dealers house bringing in little roots who i know are digging eveything just for the money you realy cant do mutch but it will let you know who to watch mybe also ask the people around there who they might seeen in there if they are any houses around .hate to here that it has done happend to me already this yr ill be there next yr waiting because they done it the first few days of season .i my have to camp out in there the first week nxt yr im the only 1 who has permission for this land iknow they found some big stuff because when i was in there the berrys were green so i thought i would give it a little more time befor i would get it ,i was pissed and heart broken that someone done that everything was gone ??????? well anyway billy goodluck the rest of the yr

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2172

thats just sad when they do that...i was squirrel hunting in mid aug. and found dug plants.our season comes in first sat, in sept.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2183

thanks Billy, I'm trying this again

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2184

way to go Billy. I really haven't got to go. I got to get out friday morning for four hours only to find something like you fount. A holler that had been senged hard. I ended up coming out of their and getting on a dry point and ended up with a half a pound. Nothing worth taking pics of though. Just some nice average seng. Still haven't got to go to that one spot Billy i might get to go saturday.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 86 guests and no members online

Login