2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12643

22 ounces is a real nice dig for such a short hunt. Congrats Chief. I saw your other thread and it reminded me of how it was here last fall. It's good to see that you still have some green ones, maybe that rain you got the other night will keep those ones hanging on a little while longer. I think the ones that are alredy wilting or yellow probably aren't going to last long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12648

5prong wrote:

I think the ones that are alredy wilting or yellow probably aren't going to last long.

I think your right

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12691

well i'am heading out for somewhere this morning..better dig while i can before its totally gone..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12708

checked a spot I marked 2 years ago on the gps..seen a lot of little ones there when I marked it..still a lot of little ones ..dug 18 oz. of harvest able plants and pinched off probably 300 small ones...she will be a good woods some day...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12715

It don't sound like she's a too awful bad woods now:) Congrats on another good hunt Chief! I went out for a while this morning and dug a few, but transplanted most of them to another spot. Did bring home a few, but nothing exeptional. I was finding quite a few yellow ones here today, but was on a more west facing slope. This plant is probably in the worst shape as any I have seen so far.
Attachments:

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12729

5 alot of ours are looking just like that one in the pic..son called this afternoon ,he got off work early so back to the woods we went...found another 21 oz.... ...wasn't alot where we looked but they were extra nice..all 7 of these roots weighed between 1-3 oz....

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12731

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very nice Chief congrats on a good total day my friend,I am glad to see you get some good hauls before it falls on you w/2/go bro.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12732

Nice lookin roots Chief. You're on a roll man.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12734

thanks men..been trying to get out as much as I can now..they are saying 3 days of rain starting tomorrow ..that will do away with the yellow ones and the wilted ones ,Im afraid..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12755

just looked at radar ,,rain in Ind. most likely get to ILL. by tomorrow

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 267 guests and no members online

Login