2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13666

Cheif....thats a good looking bunch of roots....days like that sure make it hard to call it quits.

SengNveins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13667

getting a pretty heavy rain right now:( ...maybe forced to quit.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13695

going to go look a small woods this morning.i got between 3/4 and a inch of rain last night and now some heavy wind.doubt many survived it through the night..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13728

STICK A FORK IN ME, I\"M DONE.....went twice today early morning hunt yeilded.18 oz... ....afternoon hunt produced 25 oz... ..dug nothing but stems ..some had one or two prongs hanging on but most were just the stems and berry pod..I had reached my quote anyway..if things dry down as they have been I should have 10 lb.s 10 oz. give or take a little on the oz.'s..more heavy rain and heavy wind for tonight..its been a great season..I dug34 pounds of green since Sept. the 3rd...I wish you all good luck and good hunting those who still have plants standing...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13729

Chief, sorry its over for you. Looks like you had a good season...34 pounds is a lot of ginseng. I found 35 oz. this morning, some yellow and some stems. I hope to get in a few more hunts before its all gone here too.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13730

good luck Len hope you find a bunch more.pouring down rain here now and a 30 mph wind..if there was any doubt about it being over here ,there's no doubt now..i had to crawl in places today to still be able to find them..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13735

Cheif.....my hats off to ya, you really put the digger to it for a short season....Glad you got your goal....Now you can set back, sip on cold drinks and watch the hillbilly stock market(Ginseng prices):laugh: I have enjoyed watching your thread this year.....Good job my man!

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13738

hey thanks men,I sure have enjoyed are chats Veins [and everybody else]..I will be on everyday to look at the great roots everyone is digging..and to check prices..you guys that can still dig ,good luck on your next hunt...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13742

Congrats on another awesome season Chief! You've got some really great looking seng this year. I won't be surprised if you end up digging another pound or two though;)

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 6 months ago #13752

5prong wrote:

Congrats on another awesome season Chief! You've got some really great looking seng this year. I won't be surprised if you end up digging another pound or two though;)

Thanks 5,i wish i could dig another pound or two.but i.m afraid it ain't to be..it was tough today trying to see just the stems..now its raining here [pretty hard]and a 30 mph wind..I think alot of the stems will gone by morning..

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 543 guests and no members online

Login