2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Illinois OPERNER..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12544

thanks billy ..its a new camera for sure..got two small patchs marked on the gps I'm going to check today...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12557

Nice dig Chief! Hopefully the camera might start working after it gets dried out. Try puting it in a ziplock bag with rice. The rice helps to absorb the moisture. Good luck to you. I'm getting that rain now....supposed to rain for the next week here, but not as hard tomorrow. maybe I can get out then.

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12578

5 i'm going to dry it out and try it but it looks to be trashed...my daughter let me use her camera today [just can't take it to the woods with me.home pic.'s only] ..did a combination squirrel, seng hunt...killed 3 then I started seeing some seng so you can guess what happened to the squirrel hunt... ..34 oz...had a two stemmer ,4 prong on one and a three on the other... ....

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12579

Great looking roots Chief! Love that 2 stemmer. I've only ever found 1 of them around here, however one of the plants I dug on Thursday had 2 growth buds on it a couple of scars down on the neck. They were both somewhat smaller than the average size growth bud for this time of year. Maybe it would have sprouted a couple of 2-prong stems? Guess I'll never know. Thought about transplanting to see, but it ended up in the drying pile. Keep it rolling man!

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12582

Chief

Congrats..Great looking roots...good size to boot!!

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12594

lot of small plants here are just burnt up..the smaller and the higher on the hill they are the more burnt they are..going to be a short season here I think...

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12596

Most are in pretty decent shape around here. It has been a few years since I could say that this part of Sept. The last 2 years were dry and hot summers. This year we had some heat, but pretty decent rainfall to go with it. I hope it stands a little while longer for you Chief. If anyone can findem late I know you can:)

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12599

5 you hit it..we had no rain,sure is rough on those plants..glad you had some rain through out the summer..that always makes for good digging..

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12601

Awesome dig......Great looking pile of roots....keep them pictures coming....Thanks for sharing !!!!

SengNveins

Re:Illinois OPERNER.. 12 years 7 months ago #12625

got out early today 6:45,quit at 10:30..22 oz. today..I started a new thread with pic.'s.to show how fast its going bad here...

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login