2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 50 year old wild root

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11672

Nice ones guys!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11676

hello guys, i just wonder what is the reasonable price for a 50 years old root, two days ago, I just bought one 36 years old dried root, it is really large,52 gram , it cost me $260, it is worth or not?

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11677

can not put pic here
Attachments:

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11678

pic
Attachments:

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11679

try againg

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11680

Value is often determined by the individual. It was worth it to you. Personally I wouldn't have paid that much. Roots showing over 35 years of age are pretty scarce and are worthy of a premium. This is where the individuals own sense of value comes into play. Last Fall prices topped out at about $700 for mixed lots of wild ginseng (roots of various ages ranging from 5 years on up). Your root weighed about 1 and 3/4 ounce. If you do the math you could get 2 ounces of average wild root for about $100. Now don't get me wrong the root you have described is a lot better than average. I just don't believe that I personally would have given that much for it, but if you got it for personal consumption then enjoy every bit of it. I truly believe that those old roots have stuff in them that is very good for you.:)

p.s. Most folks that have trouble posting pics on this site find that if they can resize their pics to a smaller pixel count that they can then get them to upload.

Re:50 year old wild root 12 years 7 months ago #11700

thanks i went back to where i picked that root today and decided that i would leave the other ones there to grow i couldn't bring myself to pick them in hopes maybe some day down the road i could pick another maybe bigger probably sounds crazy but i kinda want to protect that spot

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 569 guests and no members online

Login