2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Killing Me

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10879

Your killing me just by starting this thread!!! Man my berries havn't even thought about turning red.This was last weekend.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10881

Thanks Bill.....:)

Maya..Thats a good looking plant....

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10882

Tell me about it.I drug myself in the house the other day soaked to my socks with sweat with hardly any blood left from mizquito bites and my wife says \"why in the world are you out looking for sang? You can't even dig it now\". I replied \"It's like your window shopping only I don't have to wait until pay day to get it... it IS my payday\". I haven't been finding any more unbelieveable hollars but, I've been finding 25-50 nice diggable roots in many hollars. Of course I'm only going close to home in short hollars (and to get me back into shape). I will get back to the big mountains in a week or so and hike and hunt all day that way I can take off and go straight to digging once season rolls around and the berries turn. What's nice about where I live the sang at home is 2-3 weeks ahead of the highest (elevation) sang that I have so I get a longer digging season.... some years. I've found green leafed and red berried in late October and yellow leafed in mid November where I bear hunt and back at home everything has alread turned and is gone. Of course we also get some cold and snow some years up high in October knocking everything out of whack. I can't wait to hit it hard.

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10885

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
LoL Maya U know it........

FTB your welcome....

Hunter it is true sometimes the wife just dont understand me :)
It sounds like you are going to have a good start.

I like the way that your elevation works out for you ou there seng season = good long seng season = Better :)

Billy.

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10887

Billy- Yes I understand exactly what your going through!! There is no cure and the only relief is to hit the woods! With that said and after seeing some pics of nice big old sang......Off to the woods I go!!! Like ya said sometimes ya just gotta go look at them!!!:woohoo:

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10891

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
LoL thats right :)

Bird Nerd wrote:

Billy- Yes I understand exactly what your going through!! There is no cure and the only relief is to hit the woods! With that said and after seeing some pics of nice big old sang......Off to the woods I go!!! Like ya said sometimes ya just gotta go look at them!!!:woohoo:

Re:Killing Me 12 years 9 months ago #10896

Bill

Today I found everything under the sun except seng..:ohmy: I just got to get seng(seed) put back into these places.The woods I know is right for seng cause of all the companion plants.I just cant find no reason why it isn't in those locations?

Hot....I was soaked...

Re:Killing Me 12 years 8 months ago #10926

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
FTB i think that the seng will do good with all them companions being around that is the best sign you could ask for as far as replanting the area or even planting for the first time,maybe seng just hasent had a start there much,or do you know ? But if not and the companions are there then seng will grow.

Re:Killing Me 12 years 8 months ago #10930

Billy

My thinking is 50 years ago and back to 1880's this area was leveled.Between all the lumber,oil and natural gas sites it's hard to find any old growth woods.Now everything dried up and went away and we got nice forests.For me to find Ginseng over that 50 year mark I think it's like hitting the lotto.I think that is why it's so hard to find seng.There just a very few places that is untouched around here.To find true wild stuff I'm going to need to travel out of this area.

I dug a Black Cohosh the other day.The root was very nice and big.When I dug it up I got cut on a piece of glass that it grew around.I couldn't believe there was trash in the middle of no where on a very steep hill side.That was proof enough to let me come to my conclusions on this area.Plus the old faint road beds..

It's nice to see that Mother nature is take'n it all back.I have no problem finding Companion plants.I feel obligated to put Ginseng back.I know at one time it had to be in these areas..

I can't say enough Thank You for your help (All you Guys)

Thanks again ....Frank

Re:Killing Me 12 years 8 months ago #10951

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Frank you are welcome

And I must add that I commend you exstreamly for finding your knowledge and then applying it to such a good and worthy cause after such destruction in that area.

I believe that the good man ( our Lord ) will smile on your efforts because he loves to create and blesses those who also love creation and not destruction of that which is or which was created

After all it was his plan creation and to me and in my heart all good things are from him....In my lifetime I will cetianly leave behind much more than I took while I was here,with a willing heart and a smile and sure hope that this spirit will remain in my children and grandchildren unto the end.

Billy.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 318 guests and no members online

Login